According to a recent study, Gov. John Kasich’s proposed “Jobs Budget” will force reductions of more than 51,000 Ohio jobs.
Engage With Us
About The New Political
The New Political is an independent, daily news publication run by students at Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. We cover all things political on the state, campus, and city levels. In addition, we blog about public policy and run opinion commentary.
- Featured Blog: Geoengineering is accelerating toward disaster 10/30/2014
- Senate votes to shorten campaign season 10/30/2014
- Opinion: Disparities in news consumption based on political polarization 10/30/2014
- Opinion: Play ‘Rashomon’ opens eyes on sexual assault 10/30/2014
- Navigating Standards: No Child Left Behind and the road to proficiency in Athens schools 10/30/2014
- Featured Blog: The politics of California’s drought 10/29/2014
- Opinion: Class and contraception are the real factors in the global food crisis 10/29/2014
- Cartoon: Partying point blank 10/29/2014
- Candidates for Athens County Common Pleas Court Judge face-off in debate 10/29/2014
- Library seeks levy because of decreased funding 10/29/2014